Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Refreshing

When I left the acupuncturist's on Monday, my hands were wonderfully warm. Would probably have made typing more pleasant, more correct, more doable! And maybe even more fun!

Yeah, that didn't last a day. Hands are cold again now; I keep trying to warm them, which feels good when I do try to warm them, but they stay cold.

This MS thing is rather a drag.

To put it politely.

Which is probably one of the only times it has or will be referred to "politely."

If we really let fly with how we really feel about it... as Dr. Seuss once said, oh the places you'll go!
Probably not what the good doctor was thinking about. US MSers probably have something... different to be the place where we want to go.
I am scheduled to go see a friend from Yale, a 1982 classmate, who's visiting from Somewhere Far Away (hard to keep track of where she is, she's a continent hopper); it entails quite the drive, surprising that I foresee it with such trepidation. I used to go the distance, the route, between there and home daily. It ain't that easy, any more, simply to be in a car.

My music was played at Yale's 314th commencement. It's going to be played at a local private high-school's commencement, a gig I played for FORTY YEARS and can't any more. Organs were not intended to be played by people in wheelchairs. The whole "pedal" thing, y'know.

I would have written new music for the class who's graduating that day, because they were my last class there and we had time after glorious time in the Anime Club, watching stuff that was within the category of "literature"--A favorite, Gankutsuo, is modeled after the Dumas' Count of Monte Christo.
No Naruto. Never Naruto. Gag...

Well, I've hit the wall. I'm going to spend a few moments trying to figure out how I can get the OS on my computer to cooperate with everything that I've been using to write music for years, which was put "off the table" by the OS getting "better" and thus, chock full of "improvements."

I hope it's something as simple as "plug the USB cable into another jack on the computer" rather than spending two or three days installing a new (actually old, several releases old) version of the OS. Friend of mine has to do this all the time, he's working with people who are using very specific versions of very specific software, which can only be run by ver specific versions of the OS. Makes you long for the simplicity of Windows XP.

But, no need to go down THAT road this morning, I'm dealing with new kinds of spasticity that makes my legs twitch and kick, usually into empty space, while I've got something really really spoilable in my lap.

And there it goes, as I sit and type. I got enough "typing problems" without knocking the mouse and the keyboard off my lap and one the floor.

So I'm gonna check out now, while my legs are sort of kind of under control.

Again, the limitations of the English language... almost nothing below my waist is controllable, much less "under control." Clearly, us MSers need a new language to work with.

A change in consciousness that is evidenced by the new language. Interesting, cool, even.

If it works. Well, changing consciousness definitely changes everything, but a new language would certainly be...

Refreshing.

No comments: