Monday, July 16, 2012

Large enough

Today, I managed to stay out of bed. All day.

Didn't lie down once. Only sat in chairs.

As a result, every time I tried to get up, I nearly couldn't walk. Something about ordinary chairs really karks out my legs... if I don't put my legs up, or lie down, regularly and repeatedly, I nearly can't walk.

Not good.

Did get some Overdue Things done today; more Overdue Things to be done tomorrow, and then the Long Drive across the Great Divide (the 405 freeway) to my weekly MD appointment.

A major goal for tonight: go to bed as quickly as possible. And go to sleep, as expeditiously as possible.

And with luck tomorrow... better walking. Even just a little better would be fine.

In Babylon 5, Byron asked, "Where is it written that all our dreams must be small ones?"

Walking just a little better.,, A small dream. But large enough for me.


No comments: