Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Habits

A little tiring walking with intention today, especially given that the day was cold and wet, but very enjoyable, trying to stay present in the air and the light, which were delightfully different from the usual Californian dry and brown.

Not being on much of a pharmaceutical regimen (I take one, maybe two, pills a day, I do no injections), I don't have a lot of ingrained "take your meds" habits. Or practice. So, this afternoon, I got to the usual 1:30 time-to-pack-it-in energy low, and I didn't have any matcha with me, and I didn't feel like slogging to Starbucks to spend $3 on something that I should have made for myself at a fraction of the cost, but I was feeling pretty good, so I say to myself, "Oh, I'll make it."

Nope. That bravura lasted until, oh, 'bout 1:43. 13 minutes of confidence, thereabouts. Big mistake. I hope that today's crash doesn't do me in until next week's energy treatments. But we'll see. I was able to finish a handbell arrangement this evening, and I'm still feeling pretty good about it/life/everything, so perhaps I didn't completely hose myself by forgetting a teaspoon of green tea powder.

In the meantime, I'm off to the next room to pack up some tea for tomorrow. No--my medication for tomorrow. Time for another new habit, it seems.

Live and (with luck) learn.




No comments: