Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sounds easy

Yesterday was indeed a Big Day. I went off campus, I left the house to GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. I dunno about "flourished," but I did better than just "survive." It was energetically expensive, but it was worth it.

I went for the first time in, oh my, years, to my clubhouse... Hollywood's Magic Castle.
Friends from the Mystery School were there, in part to celebrate the School's 25th year. And to just celebrate together. A mini-reunion!

I am scheduled to go Off Campus again later today, to see a silent movie accompanied by a live theater organ. I hope I'm up to it, when the time to go comes.

But just going off campus is HUGE for me. I used to do it daily. I haven't done it, quite literally, for months. Do I want to do more? Maybe... Maybe not. I suppose that's the relapse-y remit-y thing, the "Some days good, some days bad," sort of thing, but I think it's deeper than just that. I'm on the bottom line pretty wither-y, doing lots of  lying in bed and drowsing while listening to favorite cartoons. No music writing, nothing even vaguely musical... And the Mystery School faculty, who were very pleased with my in-person presentations, are telling me to video-blog what I have to offer. I suppose I can quite easily still think about such things while lying in bed, but the mechanics of actually doing the video-blog thing are currently not in easy reach. "Things being in easy reach" is indeed a thing us wheelchair folks know a lot about...

So, more as it happens. Or doesn't. Or does, but only sort of. Or surprises me.

Just like, y'know, life.

...Which we are all called upon to engage. To fully commit, simply to being alive, however we can, as often as we can.

Sounds easy, don't it?

No comments: