Sunday, April 12, 2009

Uptown/Downtown

The season is very clearly changing, here in Southern California. We're clearly moving out of the "Water" energy of winter, moving into the "Wood" energy of spring. I generally find winter to be an energetically "squashing" season, I'm always glad when we move through that, and I'm starting to feel like yeah, finally maybe I can actually accomplish things.

Of course, this newfound resolve is complicated by a new constantly moving target, insomnia. I either can't get to sleep, or wake up in the middle of the night, or... well, you name it, and I'm not sleeping during it. Which means that during the day, I spend a lot of time craving, or taking, naps. Actually, it's more like the naps have been taking me.

I'm quite sure there isn't really anything to "do" besides go along for the ride. But I gotta tell ya, it's getting really tiresome to have my "get up and go" constantly sapped in an endless stream of ever-changing new and different depletions.

I've been having enough problems with fatigue, and now I'm beleaguered by sleep disruptions. If the question that's been hanging over me for months, "how/when to know when/how push through the fatigue," would just hurry up and resolve itself, that would be really, really nice.

Any time... I'm waiting...

No comments: