Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Light

A truly wonderful day. A powerful acupuncturing, a little kyudo, a little rest, and an evening with a friend from Mystery School.

Possibly one of the most spirit-lifting days I've had in months.

My doctor gave me a prescription last week: do something with intense breathing (not cardio intense, but pranayama intense), undertake spiritual practice, and introduce something "lofty" into as much of my daily life as possible.

Kyudo covers the first two, and talking to an Oxford-educated anthropologist about what I'll be presenting at next October's "TED talks of magic" definitely falls into the category of "lofty," at least as far as intellectual content goes; a wonderful conversation, both rarified and productive. My wife told me as we headed to the car and home after dinner, "You're positively glowing. You have to have dinner with him more often."

That's a trifecta, as far as I'm concerned. Now let's see how often I can include these components into my life on a regular basis.

No comments: