Saturday, April 11, 2015

Outlier

A very brief entry, this morning.

I hope to write something non-MS-centric for other uses. If I can. I'm shivering mightily, even in 60+, maybe even low 70's, temperature. I hope I can keep it together enough to even start on it. Given the time it took me to catch "n" instead of "on" in the prior sentence, and fix it, and fix it again because even trying went south... doesn't encourage me to expect that "writing" (e.g., typing) something is gonna happen at all.
Wife is off getting filmed at USC, some sort of student film I think. She looked positively stunning as she headed off, I expect she'll be amazing when she's acting. She always is.

I submitted to I-honestly-don't-know-who to talk about my MS experience. I (seventy-five huge air quotes) think it was for some sort of Internet-provided encouragement for people with MS. Well, they didn't select me... Such is life on the Actor's Path. You audition, they don't take you, you audition again. Rinse, lather, repeat.

If I'm correct, and they didn't select me, I imagine, I let's be honest presume, that my MS story isn't the story they wanted to tell.

And that's certainly their prerogative. But ... really, whose MS experience is "typical"?

We're all different. All and each of us. Our experience is unique.

Certain things we have in common. First and most simple, having MS ... sucks.
There's really no other way to describe it. It sucks.

It is also life-changing in marvelous ways. The way I see things has changed, the way I understand things has changed, patience with interpersonal things, especially in relating to my beloved and long-suffering caregiver wife, has gotten better! Gifts indeed they are!
So, that was my synopsis of the MS experience. It has been the worst thing that has ever happened to me. It has been a wonderful thing, sometimes the best thing that could happen.

What can I say?

I'm an outlier.

Time to start on lunch (not eating enough can make me into an out-faller, you can guess what that's about). Best, and enjoy your lunch!

No comments: