Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Amazing day

Just got off the phone with an Unbelievably Nice Person. He was wonderful to talk to, he did me a real solid, but that's not why I'm bringing this up...

"A chance meeting, as we say in Middle Earth," as Gandalf said...

Apparently... his daughter has Our Disease, M.S. Just diagnosed, and quite young, too.

Welcome to adulthood, my dear one, you've got quite the adventure waiting for you...

But it was quite amazing... how something I needed taking care of, and someONE who needed taking care of, connected... simply because he happened to call and I happened to pick up the phone rather than letting the answering machine handle it.

What an amazing day. Already.

"The universe is an amazing place. I wouldn't live anywhere else." G'Kar, Bablyon 5

2 comments:

Judy said...

Oh! I hope she will be okay. I got diagnosed at 22 (am considerably older now, ahem) and did reasonably well for a really long time. I hope that or better will be her experience.

Robert Parker said...

It's a shock to anyone (everyone) no matter what the age. This poor fellow was even saying of his daughter "She'll grow out of it." Well, from your mouth to God's ears... But M.S. being M.S., stranger things have happened. Actually, M.S. being M.S., only strange things happen.