Saturday, November 7, 2015

Today's prescription

Interesting, let's call them "issues," are so thick they're seemingly impenetrable.

Is it The Disease? Is it Age? Is it just Mortality? The "things just stop working sometimes" that is part and parcel of this incarnation?

Are any of those things treatable? At all?

Well, mortality sure ain't. Nor is age. Nor, apparently, is The Disease no matter what Big Pharma will tell you.

So, what do we do, then?

Well, I guess... live?

What other options are there? (They usually look pretty dark, as you consider what options there are, which were aren't any of.)

Well, that's sure a bright way to start the day.

About all I have left is be comfortable, as best I can. Achieve what I can achieve with what tools I have. When I can. Which isn't often nowadays, but do the best you can with what you have.

And laugh.

As the Reader's Digest told us years ago, laughter is the best medicine. So, there's your prescription for today...

Laugh.

No side effects! Go for it! And besides...

it's fun!

No comments: