Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What dreams may come

Dreams are the most amazing things...

Two amazing dreams last night. First, a very simple just-stand-and-pee dream. I wish I had as spectacular an "event" as was provided by Spider Dijon on The Mighty Boosh...


By this character's own admission, there's a reason that he's called "Spider"... I have been called many things, but this is not one of them. 

Anyway, back to the dream. Not as spectacular, by any stretch (as it were) but as effective. 

A second, and simpler dream, same day (by now, it is day): I am standing--yes, standing! Next to the bed, and I say to my wife, "This is what I really hate about MS. Right now, I'm standing. I'm walking. Now..."

And then the cat mews, and I scoot myself down to the wheelchair, and struggle from the chair to the commode. I guess I'm awake, then. Sigh...

I scoot along with less trouble than I often do, but I struggle still, and definitely I'm still wheelchair-bound.

What dreams may come, what dreams may come indeed...




1 comment:

Muffie said...

I've always had very vivid dreams -- even as a child. Usually in my dreams, I can walk, run, and do all the movements of my "before." I love that feeling. Then I wake up, and I'm reminded that it was only a dream. [sigh]