Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Warm/cold/better/worse

Not sure whether to feel confident or worried.

My leg strength, which for a long time has been fading, seems to be up. I wouldn't say I have stamina, exactly, but I definitely have muscle tone. I had been having to exercise specifically to create it, but now, simply living and what little walking I do seems to be maintaining it nicely.

But control over my legs... that's not good. Not good at all. It's worse.

I'd like to blame it on the weather, the season of the year (which historically has been hard on me, for a number of reasons), on anything but The Disease. And it might be just that.

I won't really know until the spring, or a reversion to Sunny Southern California's not infrequent "hot winter" weather.

So... nothing to do but... stay warm, I guess. And even that is problematic. Even covered with blankets, my legs are cold.

But then again... what about The Disease is predictable? Or reasonable?

Really. What was I thinking?

No comments: