Friday, January 28, 2011

Another first

So I sat down at the organ console yesterday, and ran through some of the stuff I'll need to play at commencement this upcoming June. I was able to make a reasonable shot at the pedal lines--I'm nowhere near able to take on fugues again, yet--but I thought that maybe, if I keep at it between now and June, I'll be able to deliver a "salable" performance.

But something new was making playing the organ difficult...

I've lost a lot of weight (I'm now down to high-school weight) in both fat and muscle tone. I was having a horrible time keeping my balance on the organ bench. Just sitting at the console wasn't working. I was nearly falling off an organ bench that's roughly three feet long and a foot and a half wide.

Yup. That's right. Of all the things that I never thought the MS experience would bring me to say...

My butt is too small to sit on. I need to make my butt bigger. I need to build up my butt.

Like I've often said... jokes like this, you just can't write.


1 comment:

Judy said...

"My butt is too small..."

I'm sorry to laugh at your expense but that just made burst out laughing. Then I felt better, when a bit later, you referred to its joke-like quality. I don't know whether to thank you for the laugh.
Judy

Judy