Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Accommodation (another)

Another "should" to remember... I should go directly to bed when I get home from work, and take a nap, and recover from the depletion of the day, before I talk about anything with anyone.

Because, I think, I'm so tired at the end of the day that I don't think well, and I don't relate well; and MS being full of "againstness" on the internal side, I don't need to add to that on the external side.

We spend a lot of time seeking and working with accommodative devices--canes and walkers for pedestrian locomotion, hand controls for automotive--we (read as "I") forget that we need to accommodate our emotional/communication "locomotion" through the world.

Another completely correct and necessary, but not always welcome when it arrives, gift of MS.

Not as poetic a realization as some have been, but just as true.

No comments: