Thursday, December 10, 2015

No matter what size

A completely new adventure!

Caregiver extraordinare / wife found me a life coach whose area of expertise is musicians. I've had exactly one session and I'm already benefitting.

One way to sum up her coaching points is that when there's something that's in the way, or something that's in the "can't do it" stack, why not, oh heck, try something you CAN do. Doesn't matter what it is. Just do what CAN be done, and just leave behind that which you can't.

A very good lesson in, among other things, "pay attention." If I'm paying attention, I see what works. Who cares what doesn't? Ram Dass has often written, if you're putting so much thought into how things are "supposed to be," you'll never see things as they actually are.

And things are already better. I have been having successes! Not the monstrous ones I used to, but that was then, this is now, and they were nonetheless successes.

I'll take 'em, no matter what size.

No comments: