Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Maybe...

Some things about the MS Lifestyle are easy. To work or even live with, that is. Some things just keep getting harder.

Hunger, for example. I don't feel it. Haven't for years.

When presented with "maybe I should eat something," I generally don't want to. Even thinking about food, sometimes, is all it takes to get me off it. Sometimes, with medicinal-herbal assistance, I can quit forswearing eating, on rare occasions even looking forward to it. But those are daily rarer occasions.

This has got to stick in a caregiver's craw, as it were...interesting choice of terminology. Anyway, when asking the Sick One, the Caregiver asks, "What do you want for dinner?"

"Nothing" is usually the simplest answer. Well, that road feeds incipient starvation, so that's a poor choice. What else can be done?

"Nothing," comes the answer. This doesn't turn out well for anyone.

Is there a solution? Something we haven't tried yet?

God only knows, and perhaps, but that's about as far as I can go right now.

Well, that's a start.

Maybe...

1 comment:

Muffie said...

I wish I had something to offer, but your total lack of appetite is frightening. I hope you find a solution soon.