Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kick in the pants

One of the first things I came upon this morning was Seth Godin's blog entry about initiative.

A very interesting read, considering that "initiative" is one of the things that, since I began walking the MS Road, has been the biggest change in my life. I used to have a lot of it; now, I have it very differently. Very differently. Very, very, very differently. (Is it gone, or has it merely changed? I'm not always sure... Scratch that: I'm usually completely un-sure. I know it has changed, but it too often feels like it has both changed and left... not just left: fled.)

I followed the links to the entry about his latest book (titled Kick in the Pants) on Amazon, and in Amazon's review, I found this quote:

Poke the Box just may be the kick in the pants you need to shake up your life.

And I thought, "Dude... you have no idea about what 'kicks in the pants that shake up your life' can really be like."

I am constatntly re-evaluating everything. My creative process. My relationship to my creative process. What I really want out of my creative process. My relationship to external drivers of said creative process. My relationship to internal drivers of said creative process. How to deal with lack; how to deal with unexpected absence of things I took for granted as being with in easy, and instant, grasp. How to release things that I want, things that I think I want, things that I have no reason for wanting but somehow can't release.

Kick in the pants?

Oh, that doesn't even begin to cover it.

No comments: