Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Zenith/nadir

Had a wonderful acupuncture treatment yesterday. Had a wonderful dharma talk. When I arrived at home, I was full of energy, full of hope.

About twenty-seven hours later, I'm completely out of energy. I've got maybe enough energy to sorta kinda go through the bag I'm taking to Nevada tomorrow, to clean it out so I'm not wasting energy carrying scrap paper and other why-carry-it detritus. I'm not exactly out of hope, but I'm certainly out of pretty much everything else.

What a difference a day makes.

I wonder what, exactly, caused that difference.

When I figure out what it is, I won't do it again. So I can have energy and hope and joy for more than... well, frankly, I think I was pretty much out of juice around 9:00 this morning, which means... the "feel good" from the treatment lasted what, sixteen hours?

'Course, if I hadn't had the treatment, I'd feel much worse now (given what the treatment addressed).

So... a net gain.

I guess.

No comments: