Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Optimism

I follow Seth Godin's blog from time to time, because I find his enthusiasm for tireless, creative problem solving to be interesting, and sometimes surprisingly inspirational. The entrepreneurial "business head" is one that I probably should be able to put on more easily, since I'm at least ostensibly in business for myself as a composer; I find it uncomfortable and unnatural, but strangely fascinating nonetheless.

A recent entry sings the praises of bicycling uphill, "because that's where the work is, the fun is, the improvement is."

Well, just walking nowadays, I feel like I'm walking uphill. Or through mud. Or through mercury. (Depending on the day.) And yet, I don't see it as an opportunity for fun and improvement. Though I do see it as "work."

Well, one out of three's a start.

Of course, on some level, I actually do think that I'm on a road of improvement--not for the disease, or just coping with the disease, but for--as the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy put it--"life, the universe, and everything." Still haven't gotten to "fun" yet, although again on some level, it's waiting to be found, I'm sure.

Well, truth be told, right now I'm still at "I hope" rather than "I'm sure."

Time will tell.

No comments: