Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Well, we seem to be back to "normal," or at least what seems to be "common." Back to the bound-to-the-bed-for-sleeping-at-no-notice, accomplish-little-to-nothing-because-of-said-sleeping.

Monday I had one hell of a dharma talk from my doctor... it was one of those "necessary"—scratch that, "REALLY necessary"—wicked-long-overdue, completely on-the-mark, but not one scintilla pleasant, dharma talks. I needed it. I deserved it. I am thankful for it! But... I'm still recovering from it.

"Ego reduction" is rarely pleasant. Always necessary, but never pleasant.

I made dobin mushi for dinner tonight. It's a seasonal Japanese specialty, seasonal because it replies upon matsutake mushrooms, which only come out around this time of year. I thought they came out later, but they were in the store last week, so there we are.

I need to start gearing up for two events: A church's 100th-anniversary service, at which I'll be singing in the choir and, it seems, playing the baritone, so I gotta get my lip back for that, and remind myself of how the bloody thing is played... I've got another presentation coming up next month, gotta put that together... and oh yeah, the usual "in the world" things: go to the bank, handle some Money Stuff, go to the oculist's, pick up my computer glasses.

Tomorrow needs to be a full day. If it's like today, I've got maybe two good hours in the morning, and two good hours some other time later in the day. Lots of stuff to do, not forseeing much "awake" time to do it.

Well, if there's one thing the M.S. journey teaches you, it's prioritization.

We'll see how good I am at that, tomorrow.

2 comments:

Muffie said...

I know how difficult it is to accomplish plans when your body just screams from fatigue. Please don't overdo -- you really will regret it. Be sure to record your choir performance and share it with us.
Peace,
Muff

Robert Parker said...

Thanks for the kind words. I wish I had enough energy to scream with fatigue.

As to the performance, I don't know whether it got recorded, but I have been promised some pictures, and I'll share those as soon as I get them.