Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Fair trades

I'm making a new journey into the Western pharmacological world, starting tomorrow.

Not one of the Disease "Modifying" Monstrosities, but something much, much simpler: Thyroid boosters. Or whatever their official name is.

They tell me that they can only be taken first thing in the morning, and they must be taken an hour before eating.

So, to make the math simple, if I'm eating around 7:30AM, I need to be getting up around 6:30AM and chugging down a pill (with lots of water, the label on the pill bottle says so). Earlier would probably be even better.

Good thing the sun has been rising sooner. Too bad I still need more sleep than I'm getting. Is that a fair trade?

The most tragicomic thing about this has been... the thyroid pills were cheap. Inexpensive, that is (I sure hope they're not "cheap"). 'Course, my insurance company, or the pharmacy, I'm not sure which, were the ones who wanted to charge me more than $200 for athlete's foot medication. For foot cream, they wanted more than $200. For an artificial hormone, they want like five bucks, or something like that.

I just don't get it.

Anyway... new medication. We'll see what that does. More news as it happens. Time to reset my alarm. (Grumble, grumble...)

1 comment:

Muffie said...

Good luck. Let us know if it helps. Perhaps it will allow you to gain some of the weight you lost? Be well.
Peace,
Muff