Saturday, September 24, 2011

Micro-improvements; Metal

Things continue to change. Some muscles that I had pretty much given up on, seem to be coming back to life. Slowly, slowly... but something's happening. Something I'd rather have happen, that is.

Music is yet again within reach. I just shipped a piece off to Australia—my first Southern Hemisphere premiere is now in the works! And as soon as I finish this, I'm going to make another cup of tea and do some arrangements for a friend in Fullerton.

And I'm actually doing this, too. The M.S. Blogging thing. I'll admit, I was kinda shamed into it by Seth Godin, who was also quoted by a magician friend of mine in his own blog...

But I got it done. And I'm getting laundry done. I'm hoping to do dishes and make dinner, too, before the weekend is up. (A more adventurous dinner than "wrap some apple slices in ham and call it a meal" cooking.)

Will I be able to do those things? Dunno whether my legs'll hold up to all that, but... my spirit will, I think.

A nice change. Perhaps it's the magic of autumn, a time of year that always bestows a special energetic gift on me; the gift of the season of Metal. I miss the brilliance of the Metal in the New England autums, Los Angeles is notoriously Metal-deficient...

But as I've often said... in this business, you take what you can get.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I'm glad what you're getting is pleasant-er.
Judy