Wednesday, February 18, 2015

You never know

So I had this thought earlier today, how I might take care of some computer & business-y stuff, if not this.

Some music would be nice, I thought. And I get... on-hold music from Social Security.

They send me e-mail. You can get cool things on our website, they tell me! Just click here and log in!

So I do. Oh dear, I forgot my user name. Click here and answer a few questions, and we'll remind you!

So I did, and it indeed reminded me as promised. Worked quite nicely! And here's my username!

So I use that to reset my password, which it does (as far as I could tell). Works quite nicely! (As far as I could tell.) Or so I thought, until it tells me something else...

"Account cannot be found." Ah yes, the account-ID that they just sent me. Can't be found.

Hence the on-hold music, which is perfuming the air as I wait. At least the Disembodied Voice does not tell me that my call "is important" to us... To which I've always wanted to say, "If I'm that important, why don't you answer the @#$#$ phone?"

This we are called to find patience. If the elimination problems, difficulties using my hands, being pretty much confined to a wheelchair, I could keep going---which I'm sure you're not interested in, not like I am...

But what nervous system I have, I'm not particularly interested in weighing down with judgements and grudges... So, the air is perfumed with on-hold music. OK...

Well, that's certainly one of the greatest gifts of M.S....

Finding the "funny" in everything. In everything.

And you gotta admit... there's plenty of "funny" to find, if you just pay attention...

And keep smiling.


You never know where you'll find it...

2 comments:

Muffie said...

You amaze me in that you find the positive -- and even the humorous -- in so many situations. My dealings with Soc. Sec. have not been all that pleasant in the past few months, so I certainly wouldn't enjoy any background music.

Robert Parker said...

If there's one thing that I can still do, it's find the funny. Besides, if what little energy I have gets shunted into laughter... that's fun, as well as funny.