Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Listen simply, simply listen

Definitely time to check in.

Not much news... I spend the day in bed and/or in a wheelchair. My urologist said it best, the other day... He knew I used to be quite the organist, but speaking of how things have changed, he said simply, "Those days are gone."

I have an idea for music! But no, I'm having Issues and stay in bed... Can't deal with getting up. Definitely can't deal with adding "To-Do" stuff to the list. And I can't even count the number of times in entering this I've wacky-mistyped something.

I do enjoy spending time outside, but my bactrim, an antibiotic that I tolerate well, says to stay out of the sun. How to match "definitely go outside" with "definitely stay way clear of sunlight," I don't know.

Fighting with Cath Club issues... Perhaps more tea? We'll see...

Some of the greatest  MS gifts have been in simply listening, listening simply. A friend speaks of various things just makes no sense, to which I say, "You're right." Well, he is. But it means a lot to hear "You're right," especially when someone else says it to you.

Said person is having Issues with Various People, said issues always go south in the same way. It is a hard place to live, the "there is NO way to win" never goes well, but just a quiet calm moment changes everything. Yeah, it does indeed suck (Wheelchair Guy can tell you all about that) but that simple, calm moment helps everything calm down.

That  is the gift that MS wants us to give. Make the world a better place. Specifics and methods aren't important.

Listen simply, simply listen.

No comments: