Tuesday, November 18, 2014

You gotta know...

Things are still going. As I often tell people, things are the same every day, different every day. Just like... life.

Had a good acupuncturing and dharma talk yesterday. One topic was "Hm... This has been bothering you for years." Neither of us has any idea about what exactly is stuck, but boy is it ever stuck. As Ram Dass says all the time, that's where the work needs to be done. Exactly what work... well, figuring that out is part of the work. Although "figuring" may not be the right approach... may be precisely the wrong approach...can't think your way out of a box made of "thought," after all.

Simple quotidian "life" is extremely illuminating, calling light to shine upon the unnoticed and the assumed. The floor that seems level isn't; just sit there in the wheelchair and it starts to drift gently "downhill." Eyes that cooperate with each other makes simply selecting before reaching for something and then actually grasping it a vastly, vastly, simpler task than things get when each eye seems to have its own agenda thus direction.

Using the hands, especially the fingers, with the precision one has always had and is thus used to having... and don't have any more, or so it seems. Fine hand control fades with age, but please, I'm only 44 & a few months, I suppose technically that counts as "age" but my 70+-year-old father is still using a scroll saw, so "age" ain't what it's all about. Duh.

Time to get "morning" tea going for my wife.

And I was called away by a "go to the bathroom nownownow" which did not take moments -- it happened, but an hour, and then quite a while to recover, which alas haven't happened yet.

So, I'll make a cup of tea for myself, then back to bed. I may have a friend come over 1:00-ish... or bail out. Which I am very, very very, close to doing.

But as was said on Steven Universe, in the show Space Race, we are told, several times:

You gotta know when to bail.




No comments: