Thursday, August 4, 2011

"Doing" (in a good way)

Today, and for the past couple of weeks, I find myself more able to function in the world than I have for quite a while.

I drive to the store. No problem. I take a former student somewhere to do research, then take him to lunch, then take him home, then go somewhere else.

Even last month, that would have been unheard of.

I wrote a couple of pieces of music. I intend to write more; but unlike last month, I think I'll actually be able to. But I might very well actually go somewhere and take care of some business and write that music in the same day.

Wow.

I got some great exercises from my chiropractrix yesterday; she's also a sports-medicine person, she knows all sorts of cool stuff. Exercises that I can do without risking falling over. That'll strengthen my legs so I don't have to worry so much about falling over. And how to pace myself and how to better judge where the "it's good to push yourself" and "idiot, stop now or you'll be sorry" boundary lies.

So I'm going to turn the computer off and go do those. And then I'm going to make tea. And then I'm going to work on music. And maybe, this afternoon, I'll drive to the bank and take care of some business.

Wow.

My ever-changing "normal" for now resembles very much what my old "normal" used to look like.

Comedy like this, you just can't write.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Glad you are enjoying improved function. That's when I know for sure that the basic apparatus is still capable of healing and not just doomed to a downward slide.
Judy

The Conjurer said...

This is great news! I will keep my fingers crossed that this is the new pattern.

Have you tried Qigong? We began Soaring Crane Qigong practice in the spring to good effect.

nicole said...

Enjoy!