Monday, August 30, 2010

Four out of five

Well, let's see... physical therapy today, assessed some of my leg muscles as "four out of five, five being normal." When you drop to "three," you need leg braces. So, at four, on the border between "needs no help" and "needs a lot of help," it's no wonder I don't enjoy walking. At all.

The good news is that I can still walk. Sort of. Well, in the MS world, you take what you can get, right?

We're going shopping tomorrow for a rolling walker that can also convert to a "helper pushes you" wheel chair. God only knows if the insurance company will pay for it, or how many people who don't know me and who'll never meet me will need to be convinced that I actually need locomotion assistance in order to live what passes for a "normal" life, nowadays. (Actually, except for the walking and the fatigue, it's a pretty nice life, all in all.)

But... one battle at a time. Another lesson of MS.

No comments: