Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dreams

One thing that's definitely changed since the MS has been my dreaming.

I don't have prophetic dreams, or anything like that. No prophesies yet, at least... certainly nothing that involves the lottery.

Some people have said that dreams are the way of the brain "working things out." My dreams feature corporeal things being worked out.

A few days ago, I had a very interesting treatment from the Qi Gong master/doctor. It felt the usual sort of "interesting" that it often feels, but not nearly as lysergic as some of the treatments have been.

A few nights later, I dream that my left leg just completely gave out. Even in the dream, I thought, "Oh well. There it goes. I was expecting something like that to happen, eventually."

That morning I awoke with my left leg better. It's certainly still far away from "right," but there's definitely more life in it than the right one. Something happened.

Last night when I went to bed, I was seriously considering calling in sick today. And for the rest of the week, as well.

In the middle of the night, in a dream, my acupuncturist gave me a slightly off-standard treatment for a serious energy block, but I got the usual needles in the usual places. Including one point that's usually extremely nasty, CV1 for those of you keeping score at home. I felt the needles, especially that nasty one; it wasn't as bad as it sometimes can be, but I definitely felt it. I felt the physio/energetic changes that always follow that point.

I woke up this morning feeling like I didn't need to call in anything. I made it to school, no problems at all.

Now, I'm getting needled tomorrow, I'll probably have to have that point again, this time with a real needle, but still. My "dream" treatment got me through the day.

Now if I can get the real needles to not hurt the way the dream one did. Didn't? (The language isn't really suited for this kind of thing...)

And this is far from the first time I've gotten acupuncture treatments in dreams. At least my doctor doesn't charge me for them. You take what you can get, in these troubled times.

No comments: