Monday, October 5, 2015

Amazing symptoms

Keep your mind active, They say. It's important, They say.

Well, here's a way to start off the day, exercising the mind. Quite something to do so casually, knowing technological history a I do...

This morning, I ordered some extremely high quality Japanese matcha from a company in Munich. Website is entirely in German. So I had to figure that out, using what German I remember and some poking around a few dictionaries. It may arrive 10/15. It really is a great way to start the day, and the Germans have beat the Japanese at their own game. It's quite lovely stuff, gentler than what had been my standard in ceremonial tea.
It's interesting, and kinda sad, to see how some of my neurologically accessorized bloggers have been reporting their "adventures,"  and how they've been withering too... My herbalist said that the Chinese medical folks call MS a "withering disease," and man, have I been withering. And from what I read, so have they.

Neurological that goes bad doesn't get better. Except when it does. But as to how, when, or even whether that will happen... nobody knows. Time after time that I was in the hospital, visiting doctors said "Oh, that's neurological. We can't help you."

Not exactly promo materia medica, "We can't help you." It's a little more personalized than "Nobody can help you," but that's not saying much.

So what are we left with? Do the best you can with what you got.

Given what I used to do as a daily matter of course, just firehosing material with next to no effort, calling adding a couple of notes "a triumph" because it was what I could do today... I gotta admit, there a serious change-of-mind required.

But this is a very interesting thing that we are called upon, as the MS accessorized... Change your mind. 

Sounds easy, don't it? Well, it IS easy, if you're willing to work at it and to stop working against it, which is harder than walking out of your wheelchair.

Be here now, as Ram Dass is famous for writing. Well, for me, "here and now" doesn't seem to include a lot of sitting at the computer and creating. But here and now is here and now, so that's the challenge: Be here now.

Quite an amazing "symptom" of this disease...





No comments: