Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Another "wow" weekend, not necessarily a "good" sort. But good, bad, who can say?

A fantastic spring concert was given at Oneonta Congregational Church. In it were featured many of my compositions, performed with heart-wrenching beauty.

I couldn't go. I was in really, really bad shape. I never left the bed during the concert; it was a good thing that I didn't go, I would have had the opposite of a good time.

There were pictures taken, recordings made, so I will soon (I hope) have something to share. From what I know, it was a wonderful wonderful afternoon.

And although I couldn't be there, their happiness still makes it wonderful for me. On a day kinda low in "wonderful."

And as I often tell you, I often "find the funny" in my current MS-ified situation, and I think this one actually is funny, so here we are.

I use medical marijuana (lots of things to talk about there, that's definitely another show), it is enormously helpful as a pain and spasticity reliever. Sometimes I get in so much pain that I can't stand to sit up in my wheelchair, therefore no sitting at the computer to do anything, much less what one could call as heroically "stuff." Sometimes too much pain to deal with sitting up in bed, makes me long to just lie down and fade away. Not die or such, but definitely just to fade out, maybe just Z into cuddly bed-ness.

But the correct dosage of the correct varietal (there are a lot of them and the varietal really matters when you're using it for pain relief rather than "crank up The Dead and let it fly" musical fun) means I can deal with sitting, even sitting at the computer, like I am now.

And here's the funny:

Remembering that I'm in a Medical Marijuana state, I'm totally within the law of the State of California... and that I'm actually using this stuff for medical reasons, two doctors telling me to use it, one of them calling it "neuro-protective," to deal with the pain & nonsense that is my experience of MS...

I have to smoke weed so I'm free of pain enough to sit up at the computer and therewith, via the Internet, order more weed.

And THAT'S how we treat MS in the 21st century.

Everything goes better with...

No comments: